[Owasp-board] Discussion - Strategic Goals for 2013

Michael Coates michael.coates at owasp.org
Thu Apr 25 00:27:11 UTC 2013

Board,

Are there any further comments on the 2013 Key Focus Areas? This item is
specifically blocking our new Executive Director's planning for 2013. I'd
like to resolve this ASAP.

https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1EAbDdWADLzoJ8tEDMlZuA-x1HqsxGRHOHeDnzFXZu10/edit

Proposal for 2013

   -

   Build the OWASP Platform (Same as 2012) - Define the processes,
   resources, and tools to enable volunteers to quickly join and contribute to
   OWASP in the areas of projects, chapters, education, conferences and
   connections

   -

   Expand Communication Channels (Same as 2012) - Establish effective
   communication channels into developer groups, universities, and industry
   groups

   -

   Contributor Recognition Program *(NEW in 2013) *- Build a recognition
   program that identifies and acknowledges individual contribution to OWASP
   across the various volunteer areas (Global Initiatives, Wiki Contributions,
   Chapter Attendance, Conference Attendance, Speaking on behalf of OWASP
   anywhere, Project Activity, etc)
   -

   Financial Stability (Same as 2012) -  Further build out a stable
   financial foundation and create new sources of income for the organisation
   to achieve the goals of 2013 and future years.

--
Michael Coates | OWASP | @_mwc