[Owasp-board] Corporate Sponsor and Advertising Change

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Tue Apr 23 03:46:50 UTC 2013

Excellent, I jumped in and added my thoughts.

I think the "corporate sponsor change" and the "project sponsor change" go hand in hand. The goal of these 2 proposals is to:

1) Clean up vendor neutrality by adding stricter rules around where vendor logos may exist on OWASP.org and OWASP projects.
2) Create a more level playing field for sponsorship
3) Remove sponsorship programs that hurt the brand (banner adds)
4) Provide additional sponsorship programs that will raise more income (tiered sponsorships)
5) Focus on celebrating individual contributors more

Aloha,
Jim