[Owasp-board] Discussion - Strategic Goals for 2013

Michael Coates michael.coates at owasp.org
Tue Apr 16 22:18:01 UTC 2013

I think there are several specific ways we can identify individual
contributors.

- Global Initiative Metrics (automatable at a basic level)
- Wiki Edit Metrics (built in support I believe)
- Chapter Attendance (supported if people use the registration system)
- Conference Attendance
- Speaking on behalf of OWASP anywhere (easy for people to self record -
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Presentation_Log)
- Project Activity (we'll have to think about this)

It would be very interesting to see who is most active given a very basic
report across those areas.
With that data you can easily create a contributor of the week on the OWASP
front page (talk about incentive) and quickly build a list of key people
that should be at a summit like event.

If the contributors themselves have emails of @company.com, then it's also
very easy to recognize companies that are donating employee time.

For your logo concerns, we talked about it at the last board meeting and
now have a proposal online here -
https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1Hh5DWHv_yki-PsU7QS043fDJ_hecjW9jO-z-a_dUeqM/edit
Please add your thoughts & concerns.

Lastly, recognizing individual contributors is broken. We don't do it.
Since the community is the base of OWASP this is an area I think we should
really focus on.

-Michael

--
Michael Coates | OWASP | @_mwc