[Owasp-board] Organizational Change and the OWASP Staff

Eoin eoin.keary at owasp.org
Tue Apr 16 07:33:15 UTC 2013

Hi Sam
I assumed you (Staff) were consulted on the idea of the exec director role, or possible structural change.

I was one of the devils advocates in the process if that helps. I believe the board can be somewhat myopic at times, focusing on the task and less of possible impact to other staff members.

Not all promotions need to be opened to the public if a suitable candidate has already been identified.

I believe the possible structural change should of been communicated to staff prior to selection of the candidate.

For me this was a case of enthusiasm and energy by board members coming before due process but no ill will or underhandedness was intended.

-ek

Eoin.

Eoin Keary
Owasp Global Board