[Owasp-board] Corporate Sponsor and Advertising Change

Michael Coates michael.coates at owasp.org
Tue Apr 9 17:46:05 UTC 2013

Jim,

A few questions/thoughts

1) Move corporate sponsor logos from the home page to a dedicated sponsor
page. https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Sponsors ( An example of this can be
found here
http://www.apache.org/foundation/thanks.html )

2) Place the sponsorship link on the left hand side of the wiki nav bar,
near the top (or more prominently on the homepage)
I'm not fully following your idea here. Is the link you are referring to a
link to become a sponsor?

3) Add several new tiers of corporate sponsorship (gold, silver and bronze
sponsorship)
As seba mentioned we did have different tiers years ago and phased that
out. It would be worth reevaluating if there is benefit to bringing it back.

4) Since this will lead to new income, phase out the banner add program on
the homepage
Do you know how much banner ad income we currently get? We should get that
number so we can consider it within the discussion.
Instead of fully eliminating that ad space we could retire it's use as a
paid for location and instead advertise our upcoming conferences and some
of our key projects.

5) I this would have the effect of cleaning up the homepage, a lot, while
still driving more or the same income if we look at corporate sponsorships
and banner adds combined (around 200k/year total currently)
I think we have plenty of work to do to clean up the home page overall, but
do agree there may be better approaches for supporter logos.

--
Michael Coates | OWASP | @_mwc