[Owasp-board] IT Director

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Wed Oct 31 21:51:49 UTC 2012

I think a public job req and allowing folks to apply is critical to stay in
integrity as an organization. Good call, Martin.

--
Jim Manico
(808) 652-3805

On Oct 31, 2012, at 2:16 PM, Kate Hartmann <kate.hartmann at owasp.org> wrote:

"even if you have someone in mind for the position (a high school, college,
retired otherwise...) its OWASP Funds hence you need to prepare a job
requisition post if publicly on the wiki outlining what the role is, who it
reports to and the rate of pay and a interview period and a start date..
The "O" open community will not tolerate non-transparent discussions,
hiring that involve spending monies raised via donation, membership or
otherwise." - Tom in response to the ops team request for administrative
assistance.

I seem to recall similar comments around the PM position and the IT
position when it initially started.

Are we going to follow a standard process or are we not?  Please clarify.

Kate Hartmann
+1 301-275-9403
Skype:  kate.hartmann1

From: Martin Knobloch <martin.knobloch at owasp.org>
Date: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 2:10 PM
To: Sarah Baso <sarah.baso at owasp.org>
Cc: "owasp-board at lists.owasp.org" <owasp-board at lists.owasp.org>
Subject: Re: [Owasp-board] IT Director

First of all, I really think Matt is a great guy for this position.

Just to be sure, I have to ask the following:
There has been a question about that previously. I do not know if that has
to do with an older version of the bylaws. As I understood when this came
up quite some time ago,  this had to do with the regulation for
Non-For-Profit organization in general.
-> Anyhow, I seem to remember that actually no member can (or could  back
then?) be paid!

Sarah, could you verify this?

Cheers,
-martin