[Owasp-board] Fwd: IT Director

Michael Coates michael.coates at owasp.org
Wed Oct 31 18:43:48 UTC 2012

Forwarding. Missed the group.

--
Michael Coates | OWASP | @_mwc
michael-coates.blogspot.com

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Michael Coates <michael.coates at owasp.org>
Date: Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 11:43 AM
Subject: Re: [Owasp-board] IT Director
To: Martin Knobloch <martin.knobloch at owasp.org>

Yes, we should follow normal process.

Job description, public call for applicants, the best applicant will win
the position.

>From your email:  Who sent this? I recall some people have this opinion.
But I'd like to verify if it is more than that.

About the payment issues, in 2010, when we where low on OWASP paid staff, I
had suggested a position. Back then, this was the reply I got:
"...To make this consistent with the current 'OWASP cannot pay its leaders'
model, for the duration of the contract, Martin would not be able to have
any leadership position at OWASP..."
1) is this still in the bylaws or any other regulations?
    Not only tax matters!
2) if this is still valid, what is defined as leadership position?
    E.g. does this only effect Board, Committee members or project and
chapter leaders as well?

--

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 11:40 AM, Martin Knobloch <martin.knobloch at owasp.org