[Owasp-board] IT Director

Kate Hartmann kate.hartmann at owasp.org
Wed Oct 31 18:16:08 UTC 2012

"even if you have someone in mind for the position (a high school, college,
retired otherwise...) its OWASP Funds hence you need to prepare a job
requisition post if publicly on the wiki outlining what the role is, who it
reports to and the rate of pay and a interview period and a start date..
The "O" open community will not tolerate non-transparent discussions, hiring
that involve spending monies raised via donation, membership or otherwise."
- Tom in response to the ops team request for administrative assistance.

I seem to recall similar comments around the PM position and the IT position
when it initially started.

Are we going to follow a standard process or are we not?  Please clarify.

Kate Hartmann
+1 301-275-9403
Skype:  kate.hartmann1

From:  Martin Knobloch <martin.knobloch at owasp.org>
Date:  Wednesday, October 31, 2012 2:10 PM
To:  Sarah Baso <sarah.baso at owasp.org>
Cc:  "owasp-board at lists.owasp.org" <owasp-board at lists.owasp.org>
Subject:  Re: [Owasp-board] IT Director

First of all, I really think Matt is a great guy for this position.

Just to be sure, I have to ask the following:
There has been a question about that previously. I do not know if that has
to do with an older version of the bylaws. As I understood when this came up
quite some time ago,  this had to do with the regulation for Non-For-Profit
organization in general.
-> Anyhow, I seem to remember that actually no member can (or could  back
then?) be paid!

Sarah, could you verify this?

Cheers,
-martin