[Owasp-board] WASPY Awards and Questionable Ethics

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Mon Oct 1 11:40:35 UTC 2012

Eoin,

Very well said. I agree our most excellent and competent directors should
make calls like like.

Kelly runs the WASPY program. Kelly, can you answer the question about when
candidates were added?

Thank you.

--
Jim Manico
(808) 652-3805

On Oct 1, 2012, at 7:33 AM, Eoin Keary <eoin.keary at owasp.org> wrote:

Jim
To be honest we need to let the directors, Kate and Sarah make this call.
I did receive an email with a list of candidates to vote for, like everyone
else.
I am assuming all individuals on the list were nominated by the community.
If not, what's the point of this award?
I am unsure why the board has any involvement in this. An award  based on
merit and contribution and its up the the community to pick the winner
based on individual votes.
We need to see if the later entries are a result of just being posted to
the wiki late or did the submission for nomination come in late. Can you
clarify this?

Eoin

--
Global Board Member (Vice Chair)