[Owasp-board] No training at AppSec USA 2013?

Matt Tesauro matt.tesauro at owasp.org
Wed Nov 21 11:19:19 UTC 2012

I have to admit, I am a bit confused here.  Since it appears that New York
doesn't want to do training, does that mean they want a Regional Event?
The 2009 NYC event included training so what has changed.

Since I have been involved in OWASP, any major conference, now known as the
Global AppSecs, there has always been training offered.

The conference handbook says as much in terms of policy.  We should manage
to policy.  Decide if you are holding a global or regional event, that is,
are you doing training or not.

If not, you are either a regional event or you need to formally ask the
board for an exception to policy.

I, for one, will not support any exception on training for global AppSec
conferences.  Our community has several years of expecting trainings at our
large events and I do not want to violate that established trust.

-- Matt's phone