[Owasp-board] Edit's to Homepage

Jason Li jason.li at owasp.org
Fri Nov 16 16:14:16 UTC 2012

Good advice Jim.

FYI, just a cautionary note about the "preview mode" in MediaWiki - I've
noticed in my extended time editing wiki templates that the way MediaWiki
implements preview is somewhat haphazard.

If the page you are working on transcludes a template (e.g. the Main page),
changes are not always visible in preview mode. The problem is that
MediaWiki seems to cache transcluded content in the user's session. As a
result, a page can "look" perfectly fine in preview mode (and even after
saving edits) despite the fact that a change in the content affects some
downstream template that blows up the formatting.

When I was doing extensive template work, my habit was to save what I was
doing and then launch a new completely separate browser to double check the
visual formatting.

-Jason