[Owasp-board] owasp policies

Kate Hartmann kate.hartmann at owasp.org
Wed Nov 7 16:56:44 UTC 2012

Ofer, I don't think that endorsing the document (especially without
reviewing it first) is something that OWASP will do.

Can you please forward the document for review?

I have included the board on this request as well.

Kate Hartmann
+1 301-275-9403
Skype:  kate.hartmann1

From:  Ofer Maor <ofer at seekersec.com>
Date:  Wednesday, November 7, 2012 11:10 AM
To:  Kate Hartmann <kate.hartmann at owasp.org>
Subject:  owasp policies

The Israeli Internet Association (ISOC-IL) has created a document regarding
password security in websites.
They are not a security organization, but they are worried about security,
and wanted to promote an initiate guaranteeing password hashing, so if one
site gets hacked, the password can¹t be used on other sites.

They want OWASP Israel to endorse it by placing OWASP Israel logo and having
us publish it on our website.

They are, of course, a non profit organization.

Is there anything preventing me from cooperating with them on this?

Ofer MaorCTOSeeker
www.seekersec.com <http://www.seekersec.com/>

Global Membership Committee, OWASP
Chairman, OWASP Israel