[Owasp-board] Possible hosted Mailman solution - response requested

Matt Tesauro matt.tesauro at owasp.org
Thu May 31 18:03:53 UTC 2012

I found out that OSL (Open Source Labs) does hosting of many open source
project's Mailman lists as a service offering. [1]  [2]

I reached out to them to see if they could host lists.owasp.org.  I've
heard back and they are willing and able to host our Mailman lists.  The
high-leve stuff is:

(1) They use a shared platform for all their Mailman lists so we _may_ need
to rename some lists during the migration.

(2) I do not have a cost for this yet.  OSL generally works on a cost
recovery basis. I'd guest-imate ~$180/month or ~$2,200/year.

(3) I am tempted to ask if its possible to get a individual host for this
and pay extra so that we have an isolated Mailman instance.  This would
avoid the multi-tenant instance of Mailman and some of the wrinkles around
hosting multiple domains with Mailman.  Alternately, I could see if they'd
manage a host running at Rackspace.

Please provide your feedback on the items above ASAP.  I am planning on
responding to OSL this evening / tomorrow AM to get more details and see
about possible migration dates.

Here's the thread between OSL and myself:
[snip]