[Owasp-board] Weekend Clean Up / Next Meeting

Matt Tesauro matt.tesauro at owasp.org
Tue May 8 21:47:06 UTC 2012

Kate wrote:
> Before I was out, I had been discussing the potential of  the banner
> advertising with open x.

There was a nasty security vulnerability in OpenX advertising server
released recently:
http://krebsonsecurity.com/2012/05/openx-promises-fix-for-rogue-ads-bug/

I'd suggest we look at a more robust advertising provider such as Google
DFP for Small Business.  Perhaps this is already part of the agreement we
have with Google?  If not, I'd have a lot more faith in Google serving our
ads reliably then OpenX.

*Google DFP for Small Business:
http://www.google.com/dfp/info/sb/index.html
 => There are no costs associated with using DFP Small Business if you
serve less than 90 million monthly ad impressions*.*

--
-- Matt Tesauro
OWASP Board Member