[Owasp-board] Fwd: Notes and follow up on DHS HOST and OWASP collaboration

Tom Brennan tomb at owasp.org
Tue May 8 20:13:35 UTC 2012


FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sarah Baso <sarah.baso at owasp.org>
Date: Tue, May 8, 2012 at 2:52 PM
Subject: Notes and follow up on DHS HOST and OWASP collaboration
To: Eoin <eoin.keary at owasp.org>
Cc: Kate Hartmann <kate.hartmann at owasp.org>, "joshua.davis at gtri.gatech.edu"
<joshua.davis at gtri.gatech.edu>, "jmw at oss-institute.org" <
jmw at oss-institute.org>, Michael Coates <michael.coates at owasp.org>,
TomBrennan <tomb at owasp.org>, dave wichers <dave.wichers at owasp.org>,
KellySantalucia <kelly.santalucia at owasp.org>


Eoin et al -
Sorry for the delay.

Here are the notes from the meeting, please let me know if you have any
changes/additions.  I will send a separate email directly following
connecting with GPC and cc'ing all of you.

Best,
Sarah Baso

Intro call - collaboration with DHS/HOST

 Tuesday, May 1 2012


Present:

Sarah Baso

Eoin Keary

Michael Coates

Tom Brennan

Kelly Santalucia

John Weathersby

Josh Davis

Dave Wichers


Brief introductions

John - Executive Director, OSS institute at HOST

Josh - Georgia tech research institute, strong background in OSS, PI at DHS
Host

Eoin Keary - Global Board Member out of Dublin - project lead code review
guide & involved in testing guide

Michael Coates - involved since 2008, Global Board Member based
SanFrancisco, started AppSensor project

Tom Brennan - involved since 2003, Global Board Member out of NJ

Sarah Baso - based in MN, OWAP employee -confernece and community
coordinator

Kelly SantaLucia - based in  New Jersey, started working with OWAP NYNJ
Chapter, now OWASP employee - Membership and Business Liaison

John started working with DHS 3 years ago, point of HOST is to facilitate
government interaction with OSS (“championing” initiative). Goal is to identify
good open source projects and not completely fund them, but instead
contribute to a few (5-6 this year total) that have the potential to be
successful and self sustaining projects.  Don’t want to dominate the
projects, but contribute and be involved in development/production.

John/Josh have identified OWASP as an organization with project(s) they
want to support, now we need to work together to figure out allocation of
money (which projects) and action points/deliverables in exchange for the
funding. OWASP has been identified because of its dynamic community with
people from all over the world working together... want us to be an example
of how their initiative can work sucessfully.

General plan from HOST perspective:

- Put money on the table

- Build a partnership/working arrangement for a long term relationship
between DHS HOST & OWASP

- Guiding pricipal: leadership can be demonstrated by helping


Need to determine:

- Where is money best applied?

- Coordination of deliverables...


Eoin - currently OWASP (and Board Members) facing tough questions about how
to build projects. Once get to a certain point, takes time, money, manpower
to move forward.

Question: Can OWASP say DHS is involved in this?

Answer: Yes, this is necessary, DHS HOST wants to  build brand awareness
globally and being seen as involved in OSS. DHS HOST is looking to promote
their integrity on the web/larger scale, partnering with OWASP and OWASP
projects should help achieve this objective.

Question: How should we allocate money? or How do we decide which projects
get money?

Is DHS HOST able to offer other resources able to get involved (people)?

Answer: DHS Host very interested in building documentation on projects.
They are interested in learning what is important/seen as top priority for
OWASP - what are project goals?

Tom - Is it possible for DHS Host to become OWASP corporate member
($5,000)? This would be a good first step in establishing relationship with
OWASP.

Josh - need to check on whether ok to “pay for membership” and have logo
posted as a member.

John - better to start out with most unencombered way to get money in our
hands (minimal visibility for DHS), then we can formalize visibility in the
results.





Action items for Sarah - to move forward:

1. Send GPC Project inventory list (list of current projects)

2. Facilitate introduction between Josh and John and GPC

3. Set up meeting with individuals on this call and GPC to discuss projects
that DHS HOST will fund and project plan(s) for moving forward.



 notes taken by: Sarah Baso


On May 6, 2012, at 11:38 AM, Eoin <eoin.keary at owasp.org> wrote:

Hi Sarah,
Have the guys received any list from GPC? shall I talk to them?
Are minutes of the meeting available?
Eoin.



Eoin Keary
BCC Risk Advisory
Owasp Global Board
+353 87 977 2988


On 30 Apr 2012, at 13:28, Sarah Baso <sarah.baso at owasp.org> wrote:

This event has been changed.
more details »<https://www.google.com/calendar/event?action=VIEW&eid=aWdmcW1wc2RkdjNua29tb3VybGpjaDg0ajQgZW9pbi5rZWFyeUBvd2FzcC5vcmc&tok=MjAjc2FyYWguYmFzb0Bvd2FzcC5vcmczMjk1YjU0ZmZlODNmMmI1N2QyMTZiYjYyOWY4NDRhYzk5MjUwZjI4&ctz=Europe/Dublin&hl=en>
OWASP and DHS/HOST Collaboration Meeting
1. Please join my meeting, Tuesday, May 01, 2012 at 2:00 PM Central
Daylight Time.
https://www3.gotomeeting.com/join/386173270<http://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww3.gotomeeting.com%2Fjoin%2F386173270&ust=1335796117084000&usg=AFQjCNEIBeuteC-pfTyUCM8TjXDzPeb0PA>

2. Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is recommended. Or,
call in using your telephone.

Australia: +61 (0) 2 8014 4937
Austria: +43 (0) 7 2088 1406
Belgium: +32 (0) 28 08 4296
Canada: +1 (647) 724-3554
Denmark: +45 (0) 69 91 89 33
Finland: +358 (0) 942 59 9121
France: +33 (0) 182 880 462
Germany: +49 (0) 898 7806 6465
Ireland: +353 (0) 14 845 982
Italy: +39 0 247 92 12 41
Netherlands: +31 (0) 208 080 384
New Zealand: +64 (0) 9 925 0313
Norway: +47 21 04 29 12
Spain: +34 911 82 9783
Sweden: +46 (0) 852 503 473
Switzerland: +41 (0) 225 3314 54
United Kingdom: +44 (0) 207 151 1804
United States: +1 (909) 259-0010

Access Code: 386-173-270
Audio PIN: Shown after joining the meeting

Meeting ID: 386-173-270

GoToMeeting®
Online Meetings Made Easy™

*When*
*Changed: *Tue May 1 8pm – 9pm Dublin
*Where*
GotoMeeting (map <http://maps.google.de/maps?q=GotoMeeting&hl=en>)
*Calendar*
eoin keary
*Who*
•
sarah.baso at owasp.org - organizer
•
Kate Hartmann
•
eoin keary
•
joshua.davis at gtri.gatech.edujmw at oss-institute.org
•
Michael Coates
•
Tom Brennan
•
dave wichers
•
Kelly Santalucia

Going?   *Yes<https://www.google.com/calendar/event?action=RESPOND&eid=aWdmcW1wc2RkdjNua29tb3VybGpjaDg0ajQgZW9pbi5rZWFyeUBvd2FzcC5vcmc&rst=1&tok=MjAjc2FyYWguYmFzb0Bvd2FzcC5vcmczMjk1YjU0ZmZlODNmMmI1N2QyMTZiYjYyOWY4NDRhYzk5MjUwZjI4&ctz=Europe/Dublin&hl=en>-
Maybe<https://www.google.com/calendar/event?action=RESPOND&eid=aWdmcW1wc2RkdjNua29tb3VybGpjaDg0ajQgZW9pbi5rZWFyeUBvd2FzcC5vcmc&rst=3&tok=MjAjc2FyYWguYmFzb0Bvd2FzcC5vcmczMjk1YjU0ZmZlODNmMmI1N2QyMTZiYjYyOWY4NDRhYzk5MjUwZjI4&ctz=Europe/Dublin&hl=en>-
No<https://www.google.com/calendar/event?action=RESPOND&eid=aWdmcW1wc2RkdjNua29tb3VybGpjaDg0ajQgZW9pbi5rZWFyeUBvd2FzcC5vcmc&rst=2&tok=MjAjc2FyYWguYmFzb0Bvd2FzcC5vcmczMjk1YjU0ZmZlODNmMmI1N2QyMTZiYjYyOWY4NDRhYzk5MjUwZjI4&ctz=Europe/Dublin&hl=en>
*    more options
»<https://www.google.com/calendar/event?action=VIEW&eid=aWdmcW1wc2RkdjNua29tb3VybGpjaDg0ajQgZW9pbi5rZWFyeUBvd2FzcC5vcmc&tok=MjAjc2FyYWguYmFzb0Bvd2FzcC5vcmczMjk1YjU0ZmZlODNmMmI1N2QyMTZiYjYyOWY4NDRhYzk5MjUwZjI4&ctz=Europe/Dublin&hl=en>

Invitation from Google Calendar <https://www.google.com/calendar/>

You are receiving this email at the account eoin.keary at owasp.org because
you are subscribed for updated invitations on calendar eoin keary.

To stop receiving these notifications, please log in to
https://www.google.com/calendar/ and change your notification settings for
this calendar.

<mime-attachment.ics>

<invite.ics>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/owasp-board/attachments/20120508/c0ff444a/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the Owasp-board mailing list