[Owasp-board] IT support contractor

Matt Tesauro matt.tesauro at owasp.org
Tue May 8 00:43:39 UTC 2012

Kate,

I understood that we were giving this guy a trial (seeing how he did fixing
the Mailman bounce notification issue) and then would discuss actually
hiring him at the next board meeting partially based on his performance
solving the Mailman bounce issue.

I assume we'd do what we've done for the other employees: Write up a job
description and get some sort of agreement/contract in place after the
board has discussed and approved bringing him on.  I do not think any
employee should be added to the Foundation's payroll without a board
discussion and vote.  Its also very hard to judge performance without some
sort of job description.

There's the IT list that Tom put up on the Wiki (which I believe was the
source for your draft agreement) but there items in there that don't make
sense - e.g. centralized repository of projects aka Sourceforge & Lulu book
publication administration.  There is also the IT administration gap
analysis I created for the last board meeting:
https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/15JrtRNIfSBw4rdJ2xDuEMu6Bnb4U3IU6SddtePe8k2Q/edit

If we really want to evaluate someone, lets first do a explicit task for a
fee.

I'd be game to have someone to the Akamai integration (or something
similar) for flat fee as an evaluation prior to setting up a yearly
arrangement.

I'm meeting with relators this week to get my house listed in preparation
for a move further south (likely New Braunfels) to get me closer to
Rackspace's San Antonio office.  Considering the technical nature of this
opening, I don't think Kate is the one to write up the job description.

Tom:  Is that something you could knock out?

--
-- Matt Tesauro
OWASP Board Member