[Owasp-board] [Committees-chairs] SANS

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Tue May 1 21:28:26 UTC 2012

I honestly think that SANS objectives are "fair" here.

They want to see OWASP'ers mingle with the SANS community and become
aware about SANS training.

By the same token, the are willing to open up their conference locations
(which are nice) to OWASP chapter meetings and let anyone attend those
for free, even non-conference members.

For certification, SANS wants to maintain the certification but get the
OWASP community to help maintain the test questions. They would also pay
OWASP a % of the proceeds and would likely become an OWASP sponsor as well.

Just like OWASP has had a major changing of the guard, SANS has had 2
major changing of the guards as well. I know Frank Kim and Jason Lam
well and trust them both. Dennis Kirby is good people. Of course they
want to grow their business, but they also want to serve the community.

I'd like to keep this conversation going. I think it would benefit the
OWASP mission a great deal.

And please note, I gain no benefit from this. In fact, I compete with
SANS! But I think this is good for the community.

Aloha,
Jim

jim at owasp.org
www.owasp.org