[Owasp-board] [Committees-chairs] SANS

Helen Gao helen.gao at owasp.org
Tue May 1 13:28:05 UTC 2012

Helen's 2 cents: The subject of certification is very interesting indeed
and long debated within OWASP. SANS is well established and has a large
network. Their conferences are of quality but at a price. From the
Membership Committee's prospective, networking, free conference will
certainly add value to OWASP.  Is this the 1st time SANS approached
OWASP?  OWASP and SANS overlap, or compete, in a way. It make sense for the
two to corporate. As Eoin pointed out, the openness of the content is
probably the key issue.