[Owasp-board] [Vote] Adding a server to our Rackspace account

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Wed Mar 28 19:57:13 UTC 2012

Mark,

The fact is that we need hosting, we have an in-kind agreement in place
with Rackspace, and this won't cost us anything more than my time in
getting it set up.  Our team negotiated an agreement with Falling Rock
Networks for secure hosting, but it's proven to be a security vs usability
issue heavily weighted in security's favor and we need something that we
can spin up and start using very quickly.  To be perfectly clear, I am
volunteering to get Apache, PHP, and MySQL up and running on this server.
The LAMP stack will form the basis of almost any technical solution you
come up with in the future.  Our team will get a CMS running for use with
the AppSecUSA site.  I am not volunteering to do that for any of the other
sites though I can point them in the right direction to do it themselves.
For now, we just need a server that will enable us to get content up and
running on very quickly so we can start promoting the conference.  The
beauty of the cloud is that you can scrap the server completely and move to
a different tech stack in the future if that's really what you desire, but
we can't wait like you are for a decision on that.

~josh