[Owasp-board] [Vote] Adding a server to our Rackspace account

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Wed Mar 28 19:04:48 UTC 2012

You don't think it's a little bit crazy that four AppSec Conferences have
to fend for themselves to get a website online?  IMHO this is one thing
that the GConfC should have ready to go regardless of which chapter is
taking on this event.  We should have never had to negotiate for our own
hosting platform.  We should not have to worry about importing and hosting
historical content either or changing DNS.  Taking on an AppSec Conference
from a web perspective should be a matter of here's your credentials, place
last years content in a 2011 directory, and here's the OWASP preferred
person to template things up for you.

James and I are both former Web Systems Engineers and can handle the server
piece without issue.  I will personally volunteer my time to get things set
up and running.  From there it's up to the Foundation to get a resource to
maintain it long-term, but at least the logistical headache of hosting and
DNS would be fixed for all future conferences.

~josh