[Owasp-board] [Vote] Adding a server to our Rackspace account

Matt Tesauro matt.tesauro at owasp.org
Wed Mar 28 18:29:33 UTC 2012

I was called by the AppSec USA 2012 team requesting a new host in
Rackspace's cloud.  They previously had a donated hosting plan for the
conference but operational problems are keeping that from working out for
them beyond the skeletal site at http://www.appsecusa.org/.

Proposed:  Add a new host to OWASP's Rackspace infrastructure to host the
current AppSec USA 2012 website as well as host an archive of AppSec
conference sites going forward.  In the past, each conference did their own
thing and those sites appear and disappear regularly. Rough costs for this
would be ~$100/month ($88/month for Linux @ 2GB RAM up 24x7 and 4 GB
outbound bandwidth).  We should continue to be under the donated monthly
max so this will not represent a cash spend for OWASP.

Do you support adding a host to OWASP's Rackspace cloud infrastructure?

Michael:
Eoin:
Matt:  Yes
Tom:
Seba:
Dave:

This is a particularly crazy week for me at work so I'm hoping to have a
quick vote via email so I can get the AppSec USA 2012 guys a host that
works for them and OWASP going forward.

I also have other less time critical queued requests around our cloud
infrastructure I plan on discussing at our April board meeting in DC during
the IT discussion.

--
-- Matt Tesauro
OWASP Board Member