[Owasp-board] GMC proposal - New Group Discount for OWASP Individual Membership

Seba seba at owasp.org
Tue Mar 27 18:35:24 UTC 2012

Helen,

What do you mean with
"OWASP board candidates should be free from commercial affiliation"?

What will be the criteria to (dis)continue the trial?

Thx

Seba

Op dinsdag 27 maart 2012 schreef Helen Gao (helen.gao at owasp.org) het
volgende:
> Dear board directors,
> I would like to propose the following on behalf of the
membership committee. We plan to run a test drive from May 1 to August 1,
2012. The original document has been shared with you. I have also added it
to the agenda of the April board meeting.

> New Group Discount for OWASP Individual Membership
>
> What is the issue:
>
> Currently there is no group discount for individual membership.
>
> What we propose:
>
> Offer group discount in order to attract corporate sponsored individual
members.

> What’s discussed
>
> Group discount helps to attract individual supporters from a company, a
chapter, a conference, etc.
> The biggest concern is a company purchasing a large number of membership
in order to control the election. The following measures should help to
prevent this from happening:

> OWASP reserve the right to suspend and/or revoke all members of a company
in case of a fraud.
> The individual must use his/her company email to register. This helps
tracking the individual back to the sponsoring corporation.
> The individual must reply to the confirmation email to become a member.
This prove that the individual exists and wants to participate in OWASP.
> OWASP board candidates should be free from commercial affiliation.
> Publicize the news when a company purchases a large amount of OWASP
memberships. The reason is that sunshine is the best disinfector. The news
may also attract the company’s competitors to join OWASP which will further
prevent fraud.

> Change RegOnline to add “For 3 or more contact OWASP”. The supporters
will click on the link and send an email to Kelly Santalucia who will
follow up with the supporters.
> Run a test drive for 3 months, from May 1 to Aug. 1, 2012. Review at the
end of the test drive and decide if to continue.