[Owasp-board] GMC proposal - New Group Discount for OWASP Individual Membership
helen.gao at owasp.org
Tue Mar 27 18:16:46 UTC 2012
Dear board directors,
I would like to propose the following on behalf of the
membership committee. We plan to run a test drive from May 1 to August 1,
2012. The original
been shared with you. I have also added it to the agenda of the April
New Group Discount for OWASP Individual Membership
What is the issue:
- Currently there is no group discount for individual membership.
What we propose:
- Offer group discount in order to attract corporate sponsored
- Group discount helps to attract individual supporters from a company,
a chapter, a conference, etc.
- The biggest concern is a company purchasing a large number of
membership in order to control the election. The following measures should
help to prevent this from happening:
- OWASP reserve the right to suspend and/or revoke all members of a
company in case of a fraud.
- The individual must use his/her company email to register. This
helps tracking the individual back to the sponsoring corporation.
- The individual must reply to the confirmation email to become a
member. This prove that the individual exists and wants to participate in
- OWASP board candidates should be free from commercial affiliation.
- Publicize the news when a company purchases a large amount of OWASP
memberships. The reason is that sunshine is the best
disinfector. The news
may also attract the company’s competitors to join OWASP which
- Change RegOnline to add “For 3 or more contact OWASP <about:blank>”.
The supporters will click on the link and send an email to Kelly Santalucia
who will follow up with the supporters.
- Run a test drive for 3 months, from May 1 to Aug. 1, 2012. Review at
the end of the test drive and decide if to continue.
- Other organizations already do that. E.g. Open Source Software
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Owasp-board