[Owasp-board] A new LinkedIn group for confirmed members only - A GMC proposal to OWASP board
helen.gao at owasp.org
Tue Mar 27 03:13:31 UTC 2012
Dear board directors,
I am submitting a proposal on behalf of the Membership Committee. The
been shared with you 3/22/12. There are two main modifications.
Qualified people include honorary members in addition to paid members. A
person will be removed from the group if his/her paid membership expires or
he/she stops being qualified for honorary status. One issue remains
all qualified people be automatically added to the group or each person has
to request to join?
A new LinkedIn group for confirmed members
What's the issue:
- Currently there is a Global OWASP Foundation LinkedIn
It is free and open.
- Michael has created a OWASP Confirmed
designed for paid and honorary members only. See Michael’s email
thread OWASP on Linkedin starting March 7, 2012.
- This document has been shared with the board and several other OWASP
personals on 3/22/12. Jason Li, Jim Manico, Kelly Satalucia and Michael
Coates have provided feedback as of 3/26/12. Helen Gao has modified the
document based on their feedback.
- This document will be submitted to the board on 3/26/12 for approval
prior to AppSec DC.
- Helen Gao will email this document to committee members and OWASP
leaders on 3/26/12. Helen will collect feedback and submit to the board
GMC’s recommendation – GMC discussed the matter in the March meeting.
- The existing free and open LinkedIn
not be changed or impacted by the new group.
- The name of the group is OWASP Confirmed Member. Confirmed means paid
and honorary membership.
- A new, OWASP Confirmed Member subgroup is a good idea to increase
- The new group should be used as and only as a digital membership card
which is similar to the printable membership card currently issued at the
end of a RegOnline payment transaction.
- There should be no discussion, forum or other content restricted by
this subgroup. OWASP material will remain free and open.
- We should avoid wording that alienate people and deviate from the
OWASP mission. We need to pay attention to content on OWASP website,
RegOnline, marketing material, etc.
- Protect member privacy in the subgroup
- OWASP reserves the right to remove a subgroup member
- There will be two ways to join the subgroup.
1. RegOnline – There will be a check box that say something like
this: Join LinkedIn for OWASP Confirmed Members: Yes/No LinkedIn for
OWASP Confirmed Members is a …. This a subgroup of Global OWASP
LinkedIn group which is open to all LinkedIn members. The default
option is No.
2. LinkedIn – A person can apply to join the subgroup on the webpage
and a request will be sent to the group administrator. Once the
email address is confirmed to be a current paid or honorary member then
he/she will be added to the group.
- A person will be removed from the group if his/her paid membership
expires or he/she stops being qualified for honorary status.
FYI - The existing Global OWASP Foundation LinkedIn
10k+ members. In the week of March 11, 2012, 86 people joined, 12
discussions took place and 7 jobs. It’s created in October, 2007.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Owasp-board