[Owasp-board] OWASP Article

Tom Brennan tomb at owasp.org
Mon Mar 26 16:10:39 UTC 2012

Few weeks ago Maciej from PENTEST Magazine inquired to me about doing a interview.  One of the topics was around OWASP and the other was on red team activities.  We could not get the timezones to align for the live interview as its been a buzy few weeks and I  I opt'ed to have him send me a list of questions.   For the both portions I wrote my answers and then extended a review via googledocs  to peers at OWASP Foundation for those areas including board of directors and to committee chairs for comment and did get several suggestions.   End of last week I was asked for the content as publication timeline was pushed up, this morning I was alerted that they took the OWASP part and published part one here:

https://www.owasp.org/images/9/9f/WEB_APPC_PENTESTING_03_2012.pdf

Maciej authorized a that the full copy of the publication can be sent out to OWASP Leaders and note that they are VERY interested in additional topics and submissions and has also provided a guideline for doing so in advance of your submission:  http://pentestmag.com/contribute/guidelines-for-writers/

Enjoy the edition.

-Brennan