[Owasp-board] Clarification of OWASP Structure

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Sun Mar 25 15:47:49 UTC 2012

I think this is totally reasonable, Eoin.

Michael also said it well - we need a strong central OWASP "government"
and professional staff, but that needs to be in balance with empowering
local global chapters.

I hope we can keep the central foundation government "strong" but NOT at
the expense of local chapters, which I think can and does happen. A lot
of local chapters feel "alone" and distant from the foundation,
especially in Europe.

I think if the "central OWASP government" did better chapter outreach,
and had an initiative to empower chapters more, it may help us all
strike a better balance.

This is a good conversation. The balance of power and resource
distribution is never an easy one to achieve.

Respect,
Jim