[Owasp-board] Fwd: [Global_chapter_committee] ProposedConferences/Chapters policy changes

Seba seba at owasp.org
Wed Mar 21 19:30:50 UTC 2012

Hi Eoin,

see inline

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 8:15 PM, Eoin <eoin.keary at owasp.org> wrote:

> So to be clear:
> Is owasp Benelux a chapter event?

yep

> Is owasp Ireland a chapter event?

yep

> Is owasp dc a chapter event?

yep

> LASCON is a chapter event.

yep

> All the revenue from these events stays in the chapter.

up to the the local chapter boards

> What % or our annual revenue reflects income from these events?

I don't have the breakdown of this, but looking at
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/File:December_2011_Financials.xlsx I don't
see a lot of if (AppSec Ireland was a Global event)

> If it is a large % how do we pay for our staff.

The 10% (+ donations) of all the chapters should be enough to have staff
supporting the chapter activity.