[Owasp-board] guidelines for use of OWASP All mailing list

Kate Hartmann kate.hartmann at owasp.org
Thu Mar 15 23:52:21 UTC 2012

We have over 30,000 email addresses reachable with one email sent to OWASP
all mailing list.  Alison and I are moderators of this list.

Currently, the list has been used for global announcements:  AppSec
Announcements, newsletters, election calls, etc.  Do we want to begin to
utilize this list for other announcements as well?  I'm just curious what
everyone considers the threshold where we cross over from information to
spam?

I'm very interested in your opinions.  I released an announcement for AppSec
DC this evening, and am second guessing myself as to it's appropriateness.

Kate Hartmann

Operations Director

301-275-9403

www.owasp.org <http://www.owasp.org/>