[Owasp-board] Linkedin Manager

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Tue Mar 6 06:53:25 UTC 2012

Good man Tom, thank you!

With any power comes responsibility. I'm actively managing the LinkedIn
account a few times a week and will keep it up. If anyone else needs
access, or if you want to remind me to triage the LinkedIn requests when
they stack up, that's a value add. I'm also ready to give up the manager
position if someone else wants to actively run the account.

Another note, the connections committee is really only me and Ludovic.
Doug has been great at helping with advice, but the I'm the only one
actively managing the various resources day to day. I recently gave
Jason Alexander and Sarah Baso twitter access to @owasp since this
really is the most active resource and I want deeper coverage for us.
I'm trying my best to get others to assist with these tasks so we can do
more.

I'm also using PRWithBrains a lot more than expected. He. Is. Awesome.
I just put Kos and Seba in touch with PRWithBrains so we can see what he
can do if he is given proper notice and time to prep a real plan for
conference promotion. We are asking him to give us a proposal for AppSec
Research Greece. We need the help, his prices are reasonable, and we
have the budget.

Ludovic is mostly interested in working to augment the corporate
sponsorship program. He has a comprehensive plan in mind, we just need
PR help. Seba, Helen and Luvovic are going to work with PRBrains to
enhance our corporate sponsorship material and approach.

And Tom, you were right. Connections/Marketing for OWASP cannot be a one
man show. I'm really glad that you suggested this resource and I feel a
lot more empowered to help the foundation.

Aloha,
Jim

jim at owasp.org
www.owasp.org