[Owasp-board] References/recommendations for The Design Foundry

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Fri Jun 29 11:21:33 UTC 2012

+1 :)

--
Jim Manico
VP, Security Architecture
WhiteHat Security
(808) 652-3805

On Jun 29, 2012, at 3:40 AM, Sarah Baso <sarah.baso at owasp.org> wrote:

Helen,

The connections committee along with Kate and I reviewed and discussed the
proposal. Based on the materials submitted, action plan, and the limited
pricing (only Design Foundry and Cyphers group actually took the time to
put together an outline of their projected costs) we all were in agreement
to move forward with Design Foundry.  I also gave the conference committee
the opportunity to review the proposals and they were in support of moving
forward with DF.

Design Foundry has very nice and creative  print work (brochures/flyers)
and has experience integrating mediawiki and wordpress which could be a
GREAT way to get brochureware while keeping the wiki.

Based on these conclusions I spoke with 4 references of DF and the
information from those interviews was included on the email Tom sent out
(scroll to the bottom of this email).  Everyone I spoke with had great
things to say about Design Foundry.

The proposals were due almost 3 weeks ago and at this point we need to move
forward with action (and not just more discussion and questions)... as this
RFP process and need for marketing has been going on for far too long.

So, at this point we don't need you to necessarily pick a favorite, but are
looking for any objections to moving forward with preference and decisions
articulated above.

Regards,
Sarah Baso