[Owasp-board] Attend the June 26 OWASP Austin Meeting Remotely: Measuring Exposure: The Root Shell Index with HD Moore

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Wed Jun 20 03:01:58 UTC 2012

How about we "digest" updates from multiple chapters and events and send a
weekly or monthly event update to owasp-all? I worry that a flood of
regional emails to folks may be a bit spammy.

--
Jim Manico
VP, Security Architecture

On Jun 19, 2012, at 9:59 AM, Josh Sokol <josh.sokol at owasp.org> wrote:

Honestly, I don't mind the "net" at all.  I think that having Kate or one
of the other OWASP staff (Sarah, Alison, Kelly) as the moderator of
owasp-all is a fantastic thing.  What I was saying is that I think that
this type of communication absolutely is what we want to be sending out to
the mass OWASP audience.  After all, what's the point in having this
webinar ability if we aren't promoting it for viewing/participation?
Personally, I would love to see other chapters uptake this capability so
the Foundation could mass market an entire calendar full of free online
educational opportunities via the chapter meeting content.  It would also
help in terms of promoting OWASP and helping encourage chapters to sprout
up in areas we do not currently have coverage.

~josh