[Owasp-board] Attend the June 26 OWASP Austin Meeting Remotely: Measuring Exposure: The Root Shell Index with HD Moore

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Tue Jun 19 18:27:39 UTC 2012

I understand limiting e-mails to OWASP all to prevent SPAM on the list.
That said, I certainly don't consider my e-mail to be SPAM and I'm pretty
sure I've sent to that list in the past.  This is an announcement that we
are opening up the Austin Chapter meeting to all interested attendees.
This is our effort to outreach to the rest of the community and provide
content for other chapters that are currently struggling.  In partciular,
HD Moore is a rock star in the security community.  We are fortunate that
he is located here in Austin, but others around the world pack into
conference rooms at events like Blackhat and BSidesLV to see him.
Providing this caliber speaker to the rest of the Foundation is HUGE!

I've tried sending the e-mails to the leaders list in the past and while we
get leaders attending, they do not pass the message along to their
respective lists nor should they have to.  This is the kind of thing that
the Foundation should be broadcasting to everyone as it directly serves
OWASP's mission of educating people on security concerns.  Much more so
than self-serving AppSec announcements and newsletters.

~josh