[Owasp-board] Request for Comment - New Event Profit Split Policy

Mark Bristow mark.bristow at owasp.org
Tue Jul 17 20:47:13 UTC 2012

I agree with josh on #1.  The profit targets should be set in outyear
budget planning with it locked in at the beginning of each OWASP FY.  The
mechanics of this as proposed are a bit odd.  My only point is that the
targets should be set BEFORE the CFP goes out so applicants have clear
expectations set.

Otherwise I'm personally fine with this as written.  I'm not in favor of
Josh's proposed changes in #2.  As written this provides an avenue for
chapters to raise significant funds from events while ensuring that the
foundation also recovers it's capital investments/costs in a "chapters
first" model.  IMO this is a good balance of the priorities.

--
Mark Bristow
(703) 596-5175
mark.bristow at owasp.org