[Owasp-board] [Committees-chairs] Front Page

Seba seba at owasp.org
Fri Jul 13 09:26:03 UTC 2012

to clarify
"The Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) is a 501(c)(3) worldwide
not-for-profit charitable organization focused on improving the security of
software. Our mission is to make software security visible, so that
individuals and organizations worldwide can make informed decisions about
true software security risks."
=>
"Software powers the world, but insecure software threatens safety, trust,
and economic growth. The Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) is
dedicated to making application security visible by empowering individuals
and organizations to make informed decisions about true application
security risks."
you are dropping 2 important aspects:
1) worldwide
2) non-profit

I suggest to follow a review process with the leader and clearly define why
we want to change this?

-seba