[Owasp-board] 2011 Global Summit video production

Tom Brennan tomb at owasp.org
Mon Jan 30 20:56:47 UTC 2012

My inquiry was that it was done, caused lots of logistics including having mark and doug record them and then...... nothing every happened.

So if we are going to ever do recording in the future we should actually complete the task ;)

It would be useful to have the videos archived as a record of what happened in the owasp archive however the value of them 11 months is iikely very limited.  I know i would not want to be the guy who wants to send out a link to them with a finally we have released them.

What would be a better use of the time is the splice them together as a promo video for the next summit and use that with a marketing effort.

On Jan 30, 2012, at 3:47 PM, Sarah Baso wrote:

> Total run time of about 60 hours. Requests I have received have been for genera Summit videos with no specific (Tom is one of them, so maybe he can answer the question:)
>
> Sarah
>
> On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 2:42 PM, Matt Tesauro <matt.tesauro at owasp.org> wrote:
> Sarah,
>
> How many videos are we taking about? e.g. total run time of ~ X hours.  This is more a curiosity question more then anything so round numbers are fine.
>
> Also, what video's have been requested?
>
> --
> -- Matt Tesauro
> OWASP Board Member
> OWASP WTE Project Lead
> http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_Live_CD_Project
> http://AppSecLive.org - Community and Download site
>

> On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 2:05 PM, Sarah Baso <sarah.baso at owasp.org> wrote:
> Board members -
> The videos from the last summit were never processed as it wasn't included in the budget nor followed up on. I should have been more attentive to this.
>
> There have been some recent requests for the videos and I have investigated with IEHD (who has handled other conference video processing) and the estimated cost will be about $2500 to process all the videos.
>
> Please let me know if I should proceed with submitting the videos to IEHD for production.
>
> Regards,
> Sarah Baso
>

> --
> OWASP Operational Support:
> Conference Logistics & Community Relations
>
> Dir: 312-869-2779
> skype: sarah.baso

> --
> OWASP Operational Support:
> Conference Logistics & Community Relations
>
> Dir: 312-869-2779
> skype: sarah.baso

Semper Fi,

Tom Brennan