[Owasp-board] board member/trainer travel reimbursement - vote for clarification

Kate Hartmann kate.hartmann at owasp.org
Wed Jan 25 21:19:09 UTC 2012

Spelling out, specifically, that if the foundation is paying for travel and accommodations for the trainer to participate in the event in another fashion (i.e. board member, committee representative, etc.) than the additional cost of adding the training days would be deducted from the trainer revenue.

Kate Hartmann

Operations Director

301-275-9403

 <http://www.owasp.org/> www.owasp.org

michael.coates at owasp.org

On Jan 24, 2012, at 8:16 PM, Seba wrote:

I agree with Dave's suggestions

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 11:58 PM, Jim Manico <jim.manico at owasp.org> wrote:

Good conversation and good call from Dave. These kind of sensible and fair decisions are crucial in order to rebuild trust with our community.

--

Jim Manico

(808) 652-3805 <tel:%28808%29%20652-3805>

On Jan 24, 2012, at 2:55 PM, Kate Hartmann <kate.hartmann at owasp.org> wrote:

Thought it best to go directly to the people effected.  The training is spelled out well, just fine tuning.

Kate Hartmann

OWASP Operations Director

On Jan 24, 2012, at 5:52 PM, Thomas Brennan <tomb at owasp.org> wrote:

Why is this not a conference committee issue?

Also agree with Dave.

Semper Fi,

Tom Brennan

http://www.linkedin.com/in/tombrennan

9732020122

On Jan 24, 2012, at 5:48 PM, Matt Tesauro <matt.tesauro at owasp.org> wrote:

Interesting.

I tend to agree with Dave on this.  If the board member was going to travel to the conference on OWASP dime anyway, the only additional cost to the Foundation is the extra hotel days.  Its pretty safe to assume that Eoin's air fare two days later (in the example Dave used) would have been roughly the same as it is for him to arrive a bit earlier for training.  The only additional cost would then be those two days in the hotel.

So...

I vote "No" on the proposal from Kate

  and

I vote "Yes" on the alternative proposal from Dave.

--
-- Matt Tesauro
OWASP Board Member

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 4:26 PM, Dave Wichers <dave.wichers at owasp.org> wrote:

I think the policy should be that the additional costs of staying extra for training should be deducted.

For example, if Eoin has to fly to the U.S. anyway, that’s covered by OWASP. If he then stays for 2 extra days to deliver training, then those two extra days of hotel, food, whatever are deducted.

So I vote NO as originally proposed. I would vote YES to my suggested change.

-Dave