[Owasp-board] board member/trainer travel reimbursement - vote for clarification

Dave Wichers dave.wichers at owasp.org
Wed Jan 25 19:56:11 UTC 2012

This actually doesn't affect the conference committee. They aren't paying
for any of the travel. This is board/foundation budget only.

-Dave

michael.coates at owasp.org

On Jan 24, 2012, at 8:16 PM, Seba wrote:

I agree with Dave's suggestions

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 11:58 PM, Jim Manico <jim.manico at owasp.org> wrote:

Good conversation and good call from Dave. These kind of sensible and fair
decisions are crucial in order to rebuild trust with our community.

--

Jim Manico

(808) 652-3805 <tel:%28808%29%20652-3805>

On Jan 24, 2012, at 2:55 PM, Kate Hartmann <kate.hartmann at owasp.org> wrote:

Thought it best to go directly to the people effected.  The training is
spelled out well, just fine tuning.

Kate Hartmann

OWASP Operations Director

On Jan 24, 2012, at 5:52 PM, Thomas Brennan <tomb at owasp.org> wrote:

Why is this not a conference committee issue?

Also agree with Dave.

Semper Fi,

Tom Brennan

http://www.linkedin.com/in/tombrennan

9732020122

On Jan 24, 2012, at 5:48 PM, Matt Tesauro <matt.tesauro at owasp.org> wrote:

Interesting.

I tend to agree with Dave on this.  If the board member was going to travel
to the conference on OWASP dime anyway, the only additional cost to the
Foundation is the extra hotel days.  Its pretty safe to assume that Eoin's
air fare two days later (in the example Dave used) would have been roughly
the same as it is for him to arrive a bit earlier for training.  The only
additional cost would then be those two days in the hotel.

So...

I vote "No" on the proposal from Kate

  and

I vote "Yes" on the alternative proposal from Dave.

--
-- Matt Tesauro
OWASP Board Member

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 4:26 PM, Dave Wichers <dave.wichers at owasp.org>
wrote:

I think the policy should be that the additional costs of staying extra for
training should be deducted.

For example, if Eoin has to fly to the U.S. anyway, that's covered by OWASP.
If he then stays for 2 extra days to deliver training, then those two extra
days of hotel, food, whatever are deducted.

So I vote NO as originally proposed. I would vote YES to my suggested
change.

-Dave