[Owasp-board] board member/trainer travel reimbursement - vote for clarification

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Tue Jan 24 22:58:21 UTC 2012

Good conversation and good call from Dave. These kind of sensible and fair
decisions are crucial in order to rebuild trust with our community.

--
Jim Manico
(808) 652-3805

On Jan 24, 2012, at 2:55 PM, Kate Hartmann <kate.hartmann at owasp.org> wrote:

Thought it best to go directly to the people effected.  The training is
spelled out well, just fine tuning.

Kate Hartmann
OWASP Operations Director

On Jan 24, 2012, at 5:52 PM, Thomas Brennan <tomb at owasp.org> wrote:

Why is this not a conference committee issue?

Also agree with Dave.

Semper Fi,

Tom Brennan
http://www.linkedin.com/in/tombrennan
9732020122

On Jan 24, 2012, at 5:48 PM, Matt Tesauro <matt.tesauro at owasp.org> wrote:

Interesting.

I tend to agree with Dave on this.  If the board member was going to travel
to the conference on OWASP dime anyway, the only additional cost to the
Foundation is the extra hotel days.  Its pretty safe to assume that Eoin's
air fare two days later (in the example Dave used) would have been roughly
the same as it is for him to arrive a bit earlier for training.  The only
additional cost would then be those two days in the hotel.

So...

I vote "No" on the proposal from Kate
  and
I vote "Yes" on the alternative proposal from Dave.

--
-- Matt Tesauro
OWASP Board Member