[Owasp-board] [OWASP-chapters] Welcome OWASP Bogota, Colombia!

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Fri Feb 3 19:46:03 UTC 2012

Tom,

Sarah has access to the OWASP blog, she is going to lend support here.
ANYONE on this list who wants to post to the OWASP blog, please let me
know and I will set you up with access. Any help here is appreciated.

I try to keep the various OWASP social media properties up to date as
best I can. I've been triaging LinkedIn requests every week or so, in
addition to the tweets and blog posts.  I'm also pushing new podcasts
again, just finished an edit last night that will go live in a few days.
Also, I get a lot of press requests for articles and whatnot, I just
brought Eoin and Michael into a media opportunity last week.

Tom, I plan to keep on doing these types of activities for 2012. We do
not have formal meetings w/ connections, we talk over skype when
necessary. If you have suggestions for us, please drop me line to
press at owasp.org.

I'm also going "on tour" for OWASP throughout March. I will be hitting 9
different OWASP chapters in Europe, giving informational vendor-neutral
web defensive talks to spread some good OWASP will. Definitely a good
connection activity.

Marketing for conferences is something that is not on my radar, but I
tweet/post/whatever upon request from conference coordinators - when
asked. I feel we need a full time resource for conference marking, its a
full time year round job that requires professional marketing skills and
significant time.

Thanks Tom,
Jim

jim at owasp.org