[Owasp-board] Fwd: [Global_industry_committee] Committee meeting minutes - 2012.04.19

Tom Brennan tomb at owasp.org
Fri Apr 20 03:53:46 UTC 2012


Motion to approve/confirm Tobias for GIC he has required supporters.


Begin forwarded message:

> From: Rex Booth <rex.booth at owasp.org>
> Date: April 19, 2012 10:51:21 PM EDT
> To: global_industry_committee at lists.owasp.org, eoin keary <eoin.keary at owasp.org>
> Subject: [Global_industry_committee] Committee meeting minutes - 2012.04.19
> 
> Friends,
> 
> We held our first GIC committee meeting of the year today.  The following is a capture of our discussion.  Action items are in bold.  If I've missed anything or mischaracterized anything, please let me know.  
> 
> Thanks to everybody for your hard work and dedication!
> 
> Rex
> 
> 
> 
> Attendees:
> 
> Rex Booth
> Eoin Keary
> Tobias Gondrom
> Marco Morana
> Alexander Fry
> Chris Papathanasiou 
> 
> 
> Topics:
> 
> 1) Mea Culpa
> 
> For those of you who weren't on the phone, I want to take this opportunity to convey to you what I did early today.  I apologize for letting my attentions fall away from the committee for the last few months.  I consider today a reboot, and am looking forward to a reinvigorated committee for the rest of the year!
> 
> 
> 2) Membership
> 
> Removal of inactive members:
> David Campbell voluntarily removed himself from the committee.
> Due to a lack of participation over the past year, the committee members present agreed to remove Joe Bernik and Nishi Kumar from the committee.
> If any of these members wish to renew their participation, they are welcome to do so.
> Nomination of new members:
> 
> Tobias has completed his application and is now awaiting board approval.  Eoin will raise the issue during the next board meeting.
> Marco will take the steps necessary to secure 5 endorsements and nomination for committee membership.
> 
> 
> 3) Committee Membership
> 
> It was agreed that Rex will continue to serve as chair until July of 2012, at which point candidates for the chair position will be identifies and a new chair will be nominated and elected.
> 
> 
> 4) CISO Survey
> 
> The survey has suffered the same lack of attention from Rex as the overall committee.
> Eoin recommended a reboot working group event to get all major contributors in the same room for a weekend.
> Rex will confirm the content of the existing MOU with Grant Thornton and reconfirm their interest in proceeding.
> Rex will explore the ability to execute the reboot event as recommended by Eoin.
> 
> 5) CISO Guide
> 
> The development of the guide continues to progress.
> Tobias indicated that his CISO training session content can be leveraged for the guide.  Tobias will work with Marco on this.
> Eoin also recommended the development of a working group session in support of the guide.  Marco will explore the need for / execution of this.
> _______________________________________________
> Global_industry_committee mailing list
> Global_industry_committee at lists.owasp.org
> https://lists.owasp.org/mailman/listinfo/global_industry_committee


Tom Brennan
International Board of Directors 
OWASP Foundation
(t) 973-202-0122
(e) tomb at owasp.org
(w) http://www.owasp.org






-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/owasp-board/attachments/20120419/196bf6d1/attachment.html>


More information about the Owasp-board mailing list