[Owasp-board] Reboot Project

Michael Coates michael.coates at owasp.org
Thu Apr 12 20:02:35 UTC 2012

I support the reboot.  I believe we should determine the needs of the projects that are being rebooted and responsibly fund those needs.  This requires an objective and transparent process along with established deliverables.

>> Can we also step up and agree or disagree regarding the payment of leaders?

Each project has a variety of needs - marketing, QA, tech writers, dev, etc.  I support the responsible use of funds to be applied in the best way to make the project successful.  The goal is a useful, powerful project that is open source and helps advance our mission.  I do not believe we should specifically limit who can receive these funds as long as we have a good, open process. So I do not support the idea of preventing leaders from being paid.

-------
Michael Coates | OWASP
michael.coates at owasp.org | @_mwc