[Owasp-board] In case you missed it...

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Wed Apr 11 11:55:38 UTC 2012

Our mission is to spread awareness about WebAppSec. Leaders are world-wide
experts at this topic. I feel this social "rule" is very limiting.

--
Jim Manico
(808) 652-3805

On Apr 11, 2012, at 6:23 AM, eoin keary <eoin.keary at owasp.org> wrote:

Just off the phone with Dinis.
He has nearly convinced me that OWASP leaders should not get paid.

This does not mean other people can't get paid such as QA experts,
reviewers, graphic designers and non leader contributors. -  If you are a
project leader you can not get paid for work on the project you lead.

Payment can all be used to fund expenses associated with meetings,
training, marketing / promotion, publication, professional services such as
technical writing and reviewing etc.

The leadership of a project should never be based on money and leadership
of a good project pays dividends itself in many other ways.

thoughts?

--
Global Board Member (Vice Chair)