[Owasp-board] Conference Push

Sarah Baso sarah.baso at owasp.org
Sun Apr 8 01:30:03 UTC 2012

Justin -
Can you please send the updated budget from your perspective? I haven't
seen anything come in from you since Febuary, so I have been doing my best
to estimate based on what you have told me.

Here are the general numbers from my perspective:

Expenses:
Food and Bev Min - $86,000 AUD
AV - $14,500 AUD
15 % "Hold" = $15,000 AUD

115,500 AUD to USD = $118,500
Schwag (Bags, Tshirts) $2000
Signage (estimated) $1000
Badges & lanyards = $1200

Total - $122,700 USD

Income -
Sponsorship - $34,500 (only one - Trustwave - has been paid)
Registration - $26,000
Training (portion for OWASP) - $25,000

TOTAL = $85,500

So, These general numbers get us at $37,200. Now, there are always a few
expenses that aren't accounted for, which I estimated would bump us up to
about $40,000.

This being said, I expect there will be a few more registrations this week.
 Also, you have clarified that the 15% incidental charge will be refunded
to us after the event - $15,000 AUD ($15,500 USD).

So, this should cut the loss in half - closer to $20,000.

Also, Tom had an idea with the classes but we can't just offer that without
checking with the trainers. * I also asked for you input on the free
registration on the training classes because I wanted to hear your thoughts
before we make a decision.*

Sarah