[Owasp-board] Got another 50 Bounces today.

Matt Tesauro matt.tesauro at owasp.org
Thu Apr 5 13:48:20 UTC 2012

Currently we have a poorly documented Mailman 2.x setup without an assigned
administrator.

Mailman 2.x stores passwords in a reversible (e.g. clear text) fashion.  So
we can either:

(1) Move to a different list management system/software
(2) Create a patch for the 2.x branch of Mailman and patch our existing
installation
(3) Move to Mailman 3.x which is currently not the stable branch
(4) Accept that Mailman has clear text passwords (it does say not to use an
important password during signup)

Each of these options will require some amount of work and we currently do
not have an IT administrator for our systems.  I've been trying to put out
fires with Mailman but by no means understand the current configuration and
my total time admin'ing Mailman is the couple of times I've tried to fix
broken things or combat spam.  If we as a board determine this is a large
enough issue, someone will need to step up and manage whichever option is
determined to be best.

--
-- Matt Tesauro
OWASP Board Member