[Owasp-board] A new LinkedIn group for confirmed members only - A GMC proposal to OWASP board

Helen Gao helen.gao at owasp.org
Mon Apr 2 02:32:43 UTC 2012

Dear board directors,

I would like to provide you the feedback I have received regarding a new
LinkedIn group for confirmed members.

**

*
*

   *
   - The proposal was sent to committees-chairs at lists.owasp.org (26
   addresses) and owasp-leaders at lists.owasp.org (568), on March 26, 2012.
   Email thread “A new LinkedIn group for confirmed OWASP members
only?” Leaders
   were asked to submit their feedback by Sunday, April 1.
   - As of April 1, 5 people responded by email and Google doc comments. I
   summarized the feedback to the 2 questions below.
      1. Do you think a new LinkedIn group for confirmed OWASP members will
      attract new members? Yes (3 out of 5) No (2)
      2. But will it alienate people? Yes (1)
   - Other feedback:
      1. Must add real values like @owasp.org email addresses and member
      discount.
      2. LinkedIn is widely used in Singapore, not so much in China,
      Malaysia, and Vietnam.
   *