[Owasp-board] VOTE Request - OWASP Europe Foundation
jeff.williams at owasp.org
Mon May 16 19:22:13 UTC 2011
I think the guiding principle should be that we set up as few of these as possible. That is, we should try to get by with a minimum amount as the hassle factor is quite likely to grow exponentially. In this case, the benefits seem clear so I support it.
From: owasp-board-bounces at lists.owasp.org [mailto:owasp-board-bounces at lists.owasp.org] On Behalf Of Dave Wichers
Sent: Monday, May 09, 2011 11:00 PM
To: 'Seba'; 'OWASP Foundation Board List'; Kate Hartmann
Subject: Re: [Owasp-board] VOTE Request - OWASP Europe Foundation
Yes – I’m OK with this.
From: owasp-board-bounces at lists.owasp.org [mailto:owasp-board-bounces at lists.owasp.org] On Behalf Of Seba
Sent: Monday, May 09, 2011 1:41 AM
To: OWASP Foundation Board List; Kate Hartmann
Subject: [Owasp-board] VOTE Request - OWASP Europe Foundation
I have not seen enough positive reactions on my previous request concerning the setup of an European legal entity.
To gain traction and to have OWASP Europe started by AppSecEU, I need you to vote now (deadline Tuesday 10-May EOB).
I ask you to vote on the principle if Yes/No you support the startup of an European OWASP Foundation.
· Ease of payments (IBAN-BIC numbers) within the Euro zone (less accounting overhead, less exchange rate risk exposure, no paypal fees, faster cash-in)
· OWASP deducting / avoiding VAT in the EU (savings on chapter/conferences/summit costs)
· EU people possibly being able to tax-deduct donations to an EU non-profit entity (extra revenue)
· Being able to create EU standard invoices in Euro's (less accounting overhead, faster cash-in)
· Potentially tap into EU/governmental budgets (extra revenue)
· Less hassle to hire EU employees/contractors (less overhead, better social protection for employees)
· Providing a governance umbrella for EU chapters/events
Upon your approval I will initiate the EU Legal entity in Belgium.
This will cost:
* € 500 for translating the Bylaws in English (takes 3 working days)
* € 1000 for a notary to make them official. (takes 10 working days)
We can get it done by AppSecEU, but we have to decide now.
Potential VAT deduction of the AppSecEU costs (21% on estimated € 10000) already covers the startup costs.
Yearly book-keeper cost (quarterly VAT and one yearly fiscal declaration) will be about € 850 / year.
We can set up Alison with an EU software package to create and follow-up on EU invoices/ costs.
Can you send us your vote and/or questions by Tuesday 10-May EOB?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Owasp-board