[Owasp-board] OWASP Europe Foundation - next step

Seba seba at owasp.org
Sat May 14 15:22:07 UTC 2011

> Q1 This will meet the requirements of how many countries in the OWASP
> Family by design?

This currently covers 33 chapters, marked with the Europe category/
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:Europe

> Q2 Why do we need this if we already have a OWASP France as a legal
> entities?  Seems France is part if the EU as well as Belgium
> http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Union

The France foundation is created to cover France by the local chapter
leaders.
We are creating the European Foundation, with a legal entity and bank
account controlled by the global foundation.
We can not convert the France foundation into the European foundation
without changing the scope, bylaws and translation work: i.e. same thing we
are doing now.

> Q3 In the USA the 501(3)c status has requirements that as example a 501(6)c
> are different.  In your proposed structure what are the annual requirements?

Requirements are to have an anual meeting with the European board of
directors to approve accounting and set the budget for next year.
Each year a tax declaration has to be done. This will be done by the book
keeper in Belgium, together with the quarterly VAT declarations.

--Seba