[Owasp-board] VOTE Request - OWASP Europe Foundation

Dave Wichers dave.wichers at owasp.org
Tue May 10 03:00:29 UTC 2011

Yes – I’m OK with this.

From: owasp-board-bounces at lists.owasp.org [mailto:owasp-board-bounces at lists.owasp.org] On Behalf Of Seba
Sent: Monday, May 09, 2011 1:41 AM
To: OWASP Foundation Board List; Kate Hartmann
Subject: [Owasp-board] VOTE Request - OWASP Europe Foundation

Hi,

I have not seen enough positive reactions on my previous request concerning the setup of an European legal entity.

To gain traction and to have OWASP Europe started by AppSecEU, I need you to vote now (deadline Tuesday 10-May EOB).

I ask you to vote on the principle if Yes/No you support the startup of an European OWASP Foundation.

Benefits are:

·  Ease of payments (IBAN-BIC numbers) within the Euro zone (less accounting overhead, less exchange rate risk exposure, no paypal fees, faster cash-in)

·  OWASP deducting / avoiding VAT in the EU (savings on chapter/conferences/summit costs)

·  EU people possibly being able to tax-deduct donations to an EU non-profit entity (extra revenue)

·  Being able to create EU standard invoices in Euro's (less accounting overhead, faster cash-in)

·  Potentially tap into EU/governmental budgets (extra revenue)

·  Less hassle to hire EU employees/contractors (less overhead, better social protection for employees)

·  Providing a governance umbrella for EU chapters/events

Upon your approval I will initiate the EU Legal entity in Belgium.

This will cost:

*	€ 500 for translating the Bylaws in English (takes 3 working days)
*	€ 1000 for a notary to make them official. (takes 10 working days)

We can get it done by AppSecEU, but we have to decide now.

Potential VAT deduction of the AppSecEU costs (21% on estimated € 10000) already covers the startup costs.

Yearly book-keeper cost (quarterly VAT and one yearly fiscal declaration) will be about € 850 / year.

We can set up Alison with an EU software package to create and follow-up on EU invoices/ costs.

Can you send us your vote and/or questions by Tuesday 10-May EOB?

Thanks,

--Seba