[Owasp-board] VOTE Request - OWASP Europe Foundation
seba at owasp.org
Mon May 9 05:40:47 UTC 2011
I have not seen enough positive reactions on my previous request concerning
the setup of an European legal entity.
To gain traction and to have OWASP Europe started by AppSecEU, I need you to
vote now (deadline Tuesday 10-May EOB).
I ask you to *vote on the principle if Yes/No you support the startup of an
European OWASP Foundation*.
- Ease of payments (IBAN-BIC numbers) within the Euro zone (less
accounting overhead, less exchange rate risk exposure, no paypal fees,
- OWASP deducting / avoiding VAT in the EU (savings on
- EU people possibly being able to tax-deduct donations to an EU
non-profit entity (extra revenue)
- Being able to create EU standard invoices in Euro's (less accounting
overhead, faster cash-in)
- Potentially tap into EU/governmental budgets (extra revenue)
- Less hassle to hire EU employees/contractors (less overhead, better
social protection for employees)
- Providing a governance umbrella for EU chapters/events
Upon your approval I will initiate the EU Legal entity in Belgium.
This will cost:
- € 500 for translating the Bylaws in English (takes 3 working days)
- € 1000 for a notary to make them official. (takes 10 working days)
We can get it done by AppSecEU, but we have to decide now.
Potential VAT deduction of the AppSecEU costs (21% on estimated € 10000)
already covers the startup costs.
Yearly book-keeper cost (quarterly VAT and one yearly fiscal declaration)
will be about € 850 / year.
We can set up Alison with an EU software package to create and follow-up on
EU invoices/ costs.
Can you send us your vote and/or questions by Tuesday 10-May EOB?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Owasp-board