[Owasp-board] [Update] OWASP Foundation - Global Board Call

Kate Hartmann kate.hartmann at owasp.org
Tue Mar 1 20:06:06 UTC 2011

Right, Tom.  We discussed the ops piece of the landscape and I'm looking
forward to making that happen.

The discussion, really is about the board meeting calls and the commitment
to having them.  Dave said, "... I imagine most of those meetings will be
tied up in hearing from the committees and working on their requests, not
leaving us much time to do what we ''usually' do, whatever that is :-)"  I
think this is an important statements.  I see the call model changing to 35
or 45 minutes or longer of updates from Committee Chairs (roughly 5 minutes
each), 5-10 minutes for a budget update, 5-10 minutes for an Operational
update and then wrap up with any pending votes or action item assignments
for the next call.

An annual or semiannual face to face meeting is very important - for the
Board and for the Committee Chairs.

I am trying to present the model that was discussed during the summit.  The
actual responsibility for getting stuff done would reside with the
committees and not so much with the board.  If we are going to support this,
then I would suggest moving to quarterly meetings.  Two of them can be face
to face at the AppSec Events.

Kate Hartmann
Operations Director
301-275-9403